We have learned how important it is to detox your body and flush all the harmful toxins out of your system. With the good quality detoxification diets, programs, and regimens that are out in the market today, effective and efficient detox can be achieved in a natural and affordable way. Aside from regulating your food intake, recreation and physical activities, relaxation and sufficient rest are some of the key steps for body detoxification.
Toxins usually accumulate in our lymph nodes and blood vessels. Although the blood is cleansed naturally through blood circulation by oxygen in cells, our organs might have acquired too much toxins due to our daily lifestyle.
This makes the detox process more difficult and yields to toxin buildup. When this happens, the regular blood flow is greatly affected and this results to a domino of negative effects such as fatigue, stress, pain, headache, mood swings, and even organ malfunctions.
There are different methods on how to detox your body but most of them focus on custom designed detox systems, your food and fluid intake. These are perfect for detoxifying the digestive system which is another common target of toxin buildup. However, detox diets only do little help, if not none, in cleansing the circulatory system. Although there are clinical procedures designed to cleanse your blood from harmful elements, there are alternative ways to detox your blood which are safer, easier, and more ideal for your overall health and wellness.
Detox Your Body Naturally With Exercise
Doctors and health experts always emphasize the importance of having regular physical activities to keep our bodies strong and healthy. Aside from developing your strength and increasing your stamina, exercise and recreational activities are also great ways to detox your body. They maintain a regulated blood circulation which is essential in removing harmful toxin buildup in your blood vessels. Here are simple ways on how to detox your body while keeping it fit, energetic, and active.
- Walking, jogging, and running — a leisure walk in the park, an early morning jog, or a 100-meter dash can all help in body detoxification. Motion and mobility should be a nature and not a chore as our bodies are designed to move. This promotes better blood flow throughout internal systems and organs.
- Exercise and aerobics — level up the ante of your mobility and improve your natural detoxification process with exercise and aerobics. Aside from maintaining good blood flow, they also make you sweat which is another helpful way of flushing out toxins. They also induce thirst and make you drink lots of water. Proper hydration can remove toxins through sweat or urine.
- Sports — consider this as level 3 of mobility. Aside from keeping everything in motion and inducing thirst and sweating, sports stimulate your endocrine system to produce hormones which also help to detox your body.
- Yoga for Detox — this ancient practice combines movement with proper breathing. Yoga poses optimize oxygen activities in your blood and aid in removing toxins.
- Hobbies and pastime — this may come as a surprise, but doing the things that you love actually helps in the process of detox and internal cleansing. Just like sports, hobbies hype up your glands so they can release more hormones.
- Veering away from vices — tobacco, cigarettes, alcoholic drinks, and prohibited drugs are huge sources of unwanted chemicals and toxins that could accumulate in our system. Avoid them as much as possible.
Best Way To Detox Your Body – Stay Calm
Rest and relaxation also play a vital role in body detoxification. Your organs and senses need time to recuperate after a long day of work and stress. If you get enough rest every day, your systems will function better and they can do their assigned tasks more efficiently. There are also some pampering and relaxation activities that may look as a luxury at first but are actually good ways to detox your body.
- Sleep — there should be no debate about this anymore. We are all aware about the importance of having enough sleep. This is our natural way of “punching out the time-card” (although some organs still work even when we’re sleeping). A well-rested bodies will result to more efficient system function which includes detox related processes.
- Breathing exercises — a quick break from your workload to do some breathing exercises is a simple way to relax your mind and optimize cleansing of the blood with the help of oxygen that we inhale.
- Meditation — if sports are the level 3 of mobility, meditation is its counterpart when it comes to resting. A combination of senses relaxation, breathing exercise, and clearing your mind helps in giving your brain a revitalizing break.
- Skin brushing and rubbing — a light rub on your skin with your hands, a body foam, or a soft-bristled brush can stimulate your blood vessels and regulate circulation.
- Massage — a good, relaxing massage can also aid in detoxifying your body, particularly those massage techniques that focus on your body’s pressure points like Thai massage and sports massage. Toxin buildup usually happens at our pressure points, and a good squeeze or pressure applied to these points can break down the toxins so the body can flush them out easier.
- Physiotherapy and chiropractic — aside from relaxing your body and alleviating muscle and joint pains, these physical rehabilitation methods regulate your body’s blood circulation. Physiotherapy and chiropractic also release tension from your body which is a clear indication of toxin buildup.
- Acupuncture Detox — this traditional Chinese medical practice is known to detox by improving the circulation of blood. Acupressure points are also common places for toxin buildup and pricking these points with a thin needle can break these buildups so the blood can wash them away and flush them out thru bowels, urine, or sweat.
Detox doesn’t need to be expensive, difficult, and dragging. Together with proper diet, maintaining and keeping a healthy lifestyle is one simple but highly-efficient way to detox your body. With the right combination of physical activities and sufficient rest, you can cleanse your organs from harmful toxins and stay away from the dangers of toxin buildup.
Recreation and relaxation can aid your body’s natural detox process while you enjoy and live life the way you want to. Always do a thorough research before selecting the detox system to incorporate in your daily, weekly and monthly routines. I personally look for products with organic ingredients, clean water and no additives whatsoever – like Global Healing Center's body cleanse advanced kit.