We have already learned about the importance of body detoxification in maintaining a healthy body and a longer life. Numerous websites and magazines teach numerous tips and suggestions in achieving the best detox diet.
Many good quality detox programs and regimens out in the market today suggest different strategies in attaining the best body detox, but there is this one term that seems to be present in all of them. You may be one of the many people who are asking… What exactly are superfoods and how can they help in achieving the best detox diet?
It’s Delicious… It’s Nutritious… It’s Superfoods!
Superfoods are food items that are rich in essential nutrients and minerals that your body needs in order to function well. Although there are no concrete scientific studies that support this claim yet, superfoods are believed to contain high levels of vitamins and minerals that fight off diseases and nourish our organs.
Some of the nutrients that are commonly found in superfoods are high doses of vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, fiber, phytochemicals, and polyphenols. Eating them as part of your best detox diet can aid in preventing common illnesses such as cough, colds, fever, and headache. A regular serving of superfoods in your daily meal is also believed to prohibit serious health issues such as cancer, organ failure, and heart conditions.
Your Best Detox Diet Super Partner
Because of their high fiber, antioxidant, and phytochemical contents, superfoods are very helpful when it comes to getting the best body detoxification for you. Fiber cleanses the digestive system, particularly the digestive tract and the small and large intestines.
These areas are where toxin buildup commonly happens, and maintaining them clean and healthy is one great advantage when it comes to detoxification. Consuming enough fiber does not only break down toxin buildup but also helps in flushing out these toxins out of our bodies thru bowel movements. Regular bowel movement is the best indication that our internal detoxifying process works well.
Antioxidants protect our cells and prevent them from getting damaged by shielding them off of harmful elements. If we have healthy cells, our organs can efficiently perform their assigned tasks, one of which is detoxification. The liver and kidneys, for example, are designated to clean our systems from harmful chemicals. If they are functioning properly, then we are guaranteed that our body is free from those unwanted elements.
Phytochemicals are natural compounds in plants that are usually in charge of giving a fruit or plant its deep color. Some of the best research studies have concluded that these nutrients, although not required by the body to sustain life, can be important in fighting off diseases. Aside from their antioxidation and antibacterial properties, phytochemicals stimulate enzyme production which is helpful in breaking down food and lessening toxin buildup.
Some Of The Best Detox Diet Superfoods
Many food items, particularly fruits and vegetables, can be classified as part of a best detox diet because the are called superfoods. Aside from them, some meat products, as well as grains and legumes, also fall under this group.
Including these in your daily food intake is the best way towards maintaining the best detox diet for you. Here are some of them:
- Berries — these have got to be the best known and most popular superfood fruit in the market today, especially blueberries. They contain plenty of antioxidants and phytochemicals. Certain types like goji berry, raspberry, and acai berry contain high amounts of potassium that can regulate blood circulation and prevent toxin buildup in the blood vessels.
- Tomatoes — although still debated if they are best classified as fruits or vegetables, the power of tomatoes in keeping us healthy is non-debatable. They are great sources of lycopene, an antioxidant that greatly reduces bad cholesterol. Tomatoes also contain potassium, fiber, and Vitamin C.
- Pomegranate — this exotic fruit is essential in preventing plaque buildup in the arteries and promoting a regulated blood flow. Pomegranate can also aid in stopping toxin buildup that can cause various types of cancer.
- Avocado — another popular superfood, avocado contains good fats best know for preventing heart failures and some cancers. It should be part of your daily diet because it also regulates our cholesterol levels and helps prevent stroke.
- Apple — apparently, the famous adage is true! Apples contain high amounts of polyphenols that aid in maintaining healthy blood levels. They also generate good bacteria and help in cleansing the digestive system.
- Kale — aside from being a good source of fiber, this leafy vegetable is known to contain a type of phytonutrient that can effectively stop cancer cells from developing inside our bodies. Kale also contains many vitamins and minerals that are essential in keeping our organs healthy and is a must have in your best detox diet.
- Pumpkin — these Halloween decors can actually help in fighting off cancer! Aside from that, pumpkins contain large amounts of Vitamin A, carotenoids, and fiber.
- Romaine lettuce — because it’s a green leafy vegetable, Romaine lettuce is already expected to have high amounts of fiber. What makes them stand out from the rest, though, is their omega-3 fatty acid content, an essential acid usually found in meat and fish that prevents heart attacks and various blood diseases.
- Asparagus — these green sides are rich sources of antioxidants and fight off free radicals in your body. They are also anti-inflammatory vegetables that help regulate blood circulation.
- Bell Peppers — whether you prefer green, red, or yellow, bell peppers will surely help you in lowering down your body’s cholesterol level. Surprisingly, they are also good source of Vitamin C and antioxidants!
- Salmon and tuna — these particular fish types are rich in omega-3 fatty acids just like the Romaine lettuce. Also, fish oil from salmon and tuna are great toxin cleansers and can prevent toxin buildup.
- Cacao — yes, it’s the main ingredient of chocolate… but in pure form! Cacao has high levels of antioxidants which cleanses the body off of toxins. It can also help in maintaining a healthy glucose level in the heart and brain.
- Beans — these little buddies are big boys when it comes to complex carbohydrates which can balance out excessive protein in our body (which, believe it or not, can trigger toxin buildup). They are also good sources of fiber that cleanse the digestive tract.
- Flax seeds — now, this is a “super superfood”! Flax seeds are an essential part of the best detox diet because they are rich in almost everything what the other foods mentioned above have — fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and cancer-fighting nutrients!
- Seaweed — for those who are unsure, seaweed is that green “paper” we see in sushi. Seaweeds are best for adding omega-3 fatty acids to your diet for preventing toxin buildup. This green “paper” is also rich in minerals that nourish our organs and help them in functioning properly.
Once in a while, even with following the best detox diet, we need to give our bodies a break and do a thorough detox regimen using a good quality detox system. However, regular portions of superfoods in your meals will give you the best detox diet possible and flush out harmful elements out of your body for a super healthy life.